The Warriors Community Foundation, in partnership with Taube Philanthropies, the Koret Foundation, and Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E), raised nearly $450,000 for eight organizations via the Hoops for Kids program this season.
Through the Hoops for Kids program, each Warriors three-pointer during the regular season yields $500 for eight organizations working locally to improve opportunities and outcomes for youth. The Warriors have connected on 854 three-pointers in 2017-18 to mark the fourth consecutive season that the team has hit at least 800 threes, raising critical funds for local youth development and education.
Before the April 1 game against the Phoenix Suns, the Warriors Community Foundation hosted a reception in the Atrium Lounge for Hoops for Kids presenting sponsors and beneficiaries. In addition, the program was recognized on-court with a check presentation.
This year’s Hoops for Kids program supports the following organizations:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Oakland – provides safe places to learn and grow, life-enhancing programs, hope and opportunity
- Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco – inspires and enables young people to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens
- CHAMPS at UCSF Benioff Oakland – helps Oakland and Berkeley students of color prepare for college and careers in health
- College Track – empowers students from low-income communities to graduate college and become agents of change
- East Oakland Youth Development Center – develops social and leadership capacities in youth to excel in education, career and service to their communities
- Playworks – provides play and physical activity at low-income schools, helping children connect with other kids and grow physically, emotionally and socially
- Urban Ed Academy – committed to the delivery of targeted educational services for elementary school boys of color in San Francisco, aiming to close the achievement gap in education and disrupt the cycle of early interaction with the juvenile justice system
- Vision To Learn – provides free eye exams and free glasses to children in low-income communities
For detailed information on the beneficiaries, please visit warriors.com/kids.