Now in its sixth year, the Touchdowns for Kids program provides another reason to celebrate the 49ers on-field success in 2016. With each touchdown, field goal, interception or sack, funding will be directed to organizations dedicated to improving the lives of Bay Area youth.
- $5,000 per touchdown scored by the 49ers
- $1,000 per field goal scored by the 49ers
- $1,000 per interception logged by the 49ers
- $1,000 per sack by the 49ers
Since launching the program in 2011, the Taube, Koret and 49ers Foundations and supporters have donated $1.5 million to support Bay Area charitable organizations serving youth.
The 2016 beneficiaries include:
- San Francisco 49ers Academy (East Palo Alto):
- Bay Scholars (San Francisco)
- Cristo Rey School (San Jose):
- Silicon Valley Education Foundation & the 49ers STEM Leadership Institute (San Jose/Santa Clara)
- Harper for Kids San Francisco)
- VIA Services (Santa Clara)